Cooking perfect rice is important before you can move on and make easy one pot meals.
Life becomes a lot easier in the kitchen. Never have soggy or burnt rice again.
Never stir the rice! Never stir the rice! Never stir the rice! If you never stir the rice you will have perfect rice. Stirring makes the rice sticky and causes the rice to burn. Never stir the rice!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. Place any amount of rice in a sturdy pan and cover with about 2 inches of water.
2. Turn heat on high until the water comes to a full boil. Reduce the heat to a slow simmer once the water comes too a full boil.
3. When the water is about evaporated taste the rice. If the rice is still hard, add some more water to barely cover the surface of the rice. Repeat if necessary.
4. Once the rice is tender (eat a few kernels) we let the water boil off. You insert a fork into the rice and make a hole. When the hole has no water. Turn the heat off.
5. Let the rice sit for about 5 minutes and finally you can “Stir the Rice” and fluff it up. More of a folding action to incorporate air.
What you have learned is the basic of cooking rice. You don’t need a fancy rice cooker to make perfect fluffy rice.
This is the first part series of perfect rice and with this basic skill I will show you how to kick basic rice up to the next level in one pot. By adding fresh vegetables, chicken, herbs and other ingredients your tummy will be content.
Now you will be able to eat good and only have one pot to clean.
- White rice sucks. Buy some good long grain rice or brown rice.
- Spend some money on a good stainless steel pot with lid.
- You have to babysit rice. Always checking on the water level.
- Never stir during the cooking process.
I must give full credit to the women of Peru, South America for teaching me how to make perfect rice. Never stir the rice!